Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
B.J.Bird rear gunner

Hello, I am trying to find information on my father Benjamin John Bird who was a rear gunner with 617 squadron during the raids on the dams. His name does not appear on any lists although he has his log book, photos of him receiving his medal from the king and of his Lancaster. Can anyone help me please.

Re: B.J.Bird rear gunner

Theresa,

Are you sure the references in your father's log-book are for the Dams raid May 43 and not the raid on the Kembs dam later on in the war, i have copies of the Operations Record Book pages for the Dams raid 43 and unfortunatley your fathers name does not appear amongst the 19 crews who took part.

Regards....Alan.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello, I am trying to find information on my father Benjamin John Bird who was a rear gunner with 617 squadron during the raids on the dams. His name does not appear on any lists although he has his log book, photos of him receiving his medal from the king and of his Lancaster. Can anyone help me please.

Re: Re: B.J.Bird rear gunner

Alan, Yes I think you may be right. I know he bombed the Lutznow(hope I have spelt that right) and I believe he was on the Italian flights as well.Theresa

Replying to:

Theresa,

Are you sure the references in your father's log-book are for the Dams raid May 43 and not the raid on the Kembs dam later on in the war, i have copies of the Operations Record Book pages for the Dams raid 43 and unfortunatley your fathers name does not appear amongst the 19 crews who took part.

Regards....Alan.

Replying to: