Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Surviving 617 Members

to my knowledge 10 of the original aircrew of 617 dambuster sqdn are still alive and are as follows 4 in uk, 5 in canada and 1 in new zealand. There are several post dams raid aircrew still alive throughout the world.There are several post dams raid air crew still alive around the world. Please contact me for further info.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Is there any survivng aircrew or groundcrew from 617 Squadron particularly around the dams raid? I'd be interested to hear from you. I'd be grateful for any leads or time given from survivors from the raid. Robert.

Re: Re: Surviving 617 Members

Can anyone confirm to me that a man I worked with (now deceased) named BERT YOUNG was a member of the air or ground crew of the Dambusters. Bert was an engineer and gave me an artifact which be historically significant if I can confirm he played a role in the team.

Many Thanks Marshall Perron (Australia)

Replying to:

to my knowledge 10 of the original aircrew of 617 dambuster sqdn are still alive and are as follows 4 in uk, 5 in canada and 1 in new zealand. There are several post dams raid aircrew still alive throughout the world.There are several post dams raid air crew still alive around the world. Please contact me for further info.

Replying to:

Is there any survivng aircrew or groundcrew from 617 Squadron particularly around the dams raid? I'd be interested to hear from you. I'd be grateful for any leads or time given from survivors from the raid. Robert.