Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dambuster Logbooks Missing - Please help

My father was the bombaimer on Hopgood's aircraft, P/O John Fraser, and we are asking for help from our friends in the Dambuster community to help us find his logbook. Alex Bateman wrote articles in local newspapers searching for Dambuster relatives and found my family and further pursued contact with my mother. Very sadly, my mother in good faith sent him my father's logbook because he told her he was researching and writing a book about the Dambusters. He promised to return it to her in 2003, but never did and we have been searching for it since. He also had the logbook of Ken Earnshaw and another Dambuster, but strangely the logbooks were stolen from his home the night before the newspaper posted an article about his failure to return my father's logbook to my mother. We will NEVER give up searching for these logbooks and we are asking for help from anyone who may have information to please come forward. Whoever has these logbooks are not the RIGHTFUL OWNERS. PLEASE turn these logbooks in to the local police..... "There is NO honour among thieves". Honour and remember the families of these very brave men and bring their logbooks back home to their loved ones.

Shere Fraser Lowe
617 Squadron Aircrew Assn. Rep.
North America