Return to Website

STUPID IDEAS and PRECISE Advice FORUM...to Make You Famous!

Okay, you and I both know that the only way to make it to the top is by doing things that AVERAGE people won't do. The greatest leaders in history, who by the way, are often the greatest salespeople in history aren't afaid to come up with, and execute on an idea that other people consider STUPID. Sending a man to the moon was JFK's Stupid idea. Boys and girls of different races going to school together was MLK's Stupid idea...and the list goes on.

So do us a favor and share YOUR STUPID idea with the world. Or post any sales, leadership, communication, marketing or inspirational tip that will make us all smarter. And thanks for coming!

Also, if you have a question you would like Brian to answer, post it and he wil respond.

See you at the TOP!

STUPID IDEAS and PRECISE Advice FORUM...to Make You Famous!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to Open Doors

Brian I just read your book and I now have a Precise Call Sheet going for each customer contact I make.

So first of all I enjoyed your book and do thank you for the information.

I have just started selling printing after 27 years of being in the production end of printing, the last fifteen in upper management. I work for a company that is not well known in the market and this is the response I am getting. “Well we have a pretty good list of printing vendors feel free to send me a pack of your samples and an email telling me of your company and your capabilities but I am not interested in a new printer right now”

Brian do you have any suggestions for how I can keep the conversation away from that subject and how can I overcome that objection.

Re: How to Open Doors

Mike, I am glad you enjoyed the book. Let’s address the stall you are getting from the prospects. The BIGGEST emotion you need to create in an early prospecting call is CURIOSITY. It sounds to me like you aren’t sparking them to feel and say, “Hmm, let me hear more.” So you need to develop a high impact curiosity building COLD Engagement question. Take a look at this excerpt from the book:

The engagement question that I have found most successful is as follows:

“Would you be interested in hearing how we can ______?”

Simply fill the blank in with the key benefit or benefits of the product or service that you are trying to sell. Some examples might be:

·Save you $142 a month?
·Save you 90 minutes a day?
·Give you peace of mind by increasing your coverage by $100K?
·Make you more efficient by helping you double your output?
·Help you become your company’s top performer in 20 days or less? (That’s mine)

The key here is to make sure that you are as specific as possible when filling in the blank. Make every attempt to have your ________ contain something tangible. Numbers and percentages help do this. Be PRECISE. Stay away from high-level, fluffy jargon.

Come up with three or four of these questions and after they say, “How are you going to do that?” Then go to CLEAR questions. Does that help?