Return to Website

Paxon Message Board

A place for Paxon Alumni to post messages to their fellow classmates.

Forum: Paxon Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Paxon Teachers

I graduated with the Paxon class of '64. I often wonder if any of our teachers are still around. Teachers often do not get much credit for all they did to educate us. I often think of Coach Jim Foster (my 11th grade English teacher) who was the greatest teacher I have ever had. Barbara Wesseling was tough as an English teacher, but I still remember some of the lines from Macbeth that she made us memorize (Out, out, brief candle! Life is but a walking shawdow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.). And Mary Hays who turned me on to Algebra and enabled me to minor in Math at FSU. Ah, then there was Gladys South who taught me how to type (she wore those low-cut blouses and when she would bend over at my desk to help me...well, ay caramba!). It seems a shame that after we walk out of our teachers' lives that we harldy ever have the chance to go back and let them know what a positive influence they had on our lives. To all Paxon teachers who served over the years, I say, "Thanks for all you did for us and God bless."

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com