The Frank M. Whiting Co. started Making silverware inf North Attleboro, Mass. in 1878, when it was known as Holbrook, Whiting & Albee. The Company became a part of Ellmore Silver Co. in about 1940, and that firm went out of business around 1960. The company mark of a Griffon and a Shield with a W was used up to 1896, and later a W in a circle flanked by stylized leaves. (The above is from Warman's Sterling Silver Flatware) The above suggests a time of manufacture approximately the 1920's, 30's or 40's, possibly a little earlier or later. Don't know more. Good luck.