Forum
Answering your questions about silversmithing & silver restoration.
Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unknown Silver Companies

I've done a lot of surfing to no avail.
I need some help with three pieces. Any web sites or information on date or worth would be highly appreciated.

1. Albert Pick & Company (chicago) - silver plated on Nickle Silver 8169 8 oz two handled mug. Very old and sturdy.
2. Sheets R.S. Co. ( i know this used to be Rockford Silver Company, but can't find a web site to research their pieces) Circle platter, 1875 with a scale picture and 1222 underneath it.
3. Crescent - Silver on Copper 3281 Oval Platter, with a Dog/Lion on the left side, with a Shield Crest with a C. On the right side, a lion, with a Shield crest below with a banner down it from right top side, down to the left bottom. (no letters)

Any information please Email Ripleyip@aol.com
Thanks!

Re: Unknown Silver Companies

1. Albert Pick & Co of Bridgeport, Connecticut manufactured plated silver flatware and holloware and may still be in business.

2. I doubt if you will find a website for the Sheets-Rockford Silver Plate Co. You may try contacting the Rockford Illinois Historical Society or Library to see if they might be able to help you on your research.

3. Crescent Silverware Mfg. Co. Inc. of Port Jarvis, New York moved from New York City to Port Jarvis in 1939. In 1977 they were acquired by Samuel Kirk & Son Inc. which is now The Kirk Stieff Co.

Fred