Member Forum

If you're unsure of your membership status, please click here before you post. Thank you!

Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Little Torch Handle Getting Hot

Debra,

It is possible that your getting some flash back on your torch handle and you need to have a qualified person look at this and make repairs to it.

Perhaps something got lodged into the torch while it was stored or not used. I sometimes get bees making nests in the tips of my torch. My soldering area is outside and I am prey to these resourceful insects. I have made caps for each of my tips to help elliminate this bother.

Don't use your torch until you have someone qualified look at it. Check with the retailer that fills your tanks for a reputable repairman. As your supplier about flash back check valves for your torch. I believe it is important to put safety first in whatever you do so you can continue doing it.

Let us know what the problem and solution was.

Fred

Re: Re: Little Torch Handle Getting Hot

Thank you Fred,

I'll have it checked out as soon as I can and report back.

Debra

Re: Little Torch Handle Getting Hot

Debra,
Fred is right, with one other consideration. If the acetylene has also been sitting for awhile, it can degrade and would possibly burn hot. If a gas tank is stored, the lower the pressure, the greater chance of degrading or even contamination (depending on the gas).