Answering your questions about silversmithing & silver restoration.
Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
pins used to attach wooden handles

I recently purchesed a damaged silver creamer where the wooden handle had come out of the socket on the side of the creamer. The pin that held the handle in place is missing. Where can I purchase a replacement pin? Is there a technical term for this type of pin?

Re: pins used to attach wooden handles

The Pins are made from wire. If your creamer is sterling then length of sterling silver wire can be purchased that is of the appropriate diameter to fill the hole in the handle. Sometimes these pins are tapered by filing so that they fit snugly within the hole. Some applications require riveting over the ends so they do not fall out. Most silvermiths will be able to repair this for you.