Association of Lighthouse Keepers

Welcome to our Forum!

Association of Lighthouse Keepers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Lighthouse' By Tony Parker.

I wonder if anyone can help me with the lighthouses that Tony Parker visited to do the research on the aforementioned book? I'm fairly certain that the 'tower' light was Bishop Rock but even Trinity House have no records. No real reason to know, just interested as it's one of my favourite books.

Thanks for your help.

Re: 'Lighthouse' By Tony Parker.

https://trinityhousehistory.wordpress.com/2014/02/06/on-this-day-in-trinity-house-history-6-february/

Mentions Tony Parker spent three weeks on the Bishop Rock

Fred

'Lighthouse' by Tom Parker is, IMHO, the most accurate book about the lives of Lighthouse Keepers that I have read. I know that some, usually long-serving, ex- Keepers do not agree and even think that the book is heresy.

As I was only in the service for a little less than 2 years and others spent a lifetime in the service, they may well be right though Tom Parker is a very well respected writer.

In the book he has carefully disguised the stations he visited and the personnel he met, which is probably right and proper. However, many ex-keepers know exactly which stations and which Keepers he refers to, even I am pretty certain I know a few of both.

Not quite so certain that the Tower written about is the Bishop, though!

Perhaps someone with much more knowledge than me will someday decipher it all. If so, please make it sooner rather than later as we are losing all too many ex-Keepers now as time passes.

Regardless of its accuracy, or otherwise, it is a great book and well worth reading.

Many thanks. Is there any way I can watch this?

Sorry Andre

All know is what was written in that url

Fred