Green Beret Cruise Room Mate Search
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Questions and Answers

The beds in all cabins can be set up as twin beds.

Re: Questions and Answers

Cost and other details are available at the pre-registration web page https://sfali.org/cruise-pre-registration-page/

What is the cancellation and refund policy?

Are sample menus available?

There are no sample menus available at this time. Like all large cruise ships, along with the dining room meals, there are smaller restaurants to choose from. More details will be available later.

I've passed your question about refunds to the head SFA planners for the event but will give you the information I have. It's a little complicated so I want to make sure I have it correct.

Pre-registration fee ($250 per cabin): If we don't reach the numbers needed to charter the ship, then this fee will be refunded, minus a small credit card processing fee. If our numbers are met, the next phase will be to pay for the cabin, which can be done in four installments. These payments are not refundable, and we recommend you purchase travel insurance. Details on what travel insurance does and does not cover will be explained when we move into this payment phase. A professional travel agent will be available to answer questions. Another option for someone who decides to cancel their attendance during this phase is to locate someone to "buy out" and take over their cabin. If interest in the event exceeds the number of cabins available, there will be a stand by list of those wanting a cabin.

... Bonnie Cooper

If I pre-register a Junior Suite and sign up on the waiting list for a Grand Suite, and a Grand Suite becomes available, will I be able to upgrade without penalty?

What is the name of the ship?

I forwarded your question to the planning team leaders (who are at SFACON this week). I don't know the answer to upgrading suites. As far as the name of the ship, that can not be shared until a contract is signed. I can tell you that it's a major cruise line that ranks very high in the U.S. News "Best Cruise Lines for the Money". It has an excellent staff to passenger ratio.

Re: Questions and Answers (Refund)

Pre-registration fee ($250 per cabin): If we don't reach the numbers needed to charter the ship, then this fee will be refunded, minus a small credit card processing fee. If our numbers are met, the next phase will be to pay for the cabin, which can be done in four installments. These payments are not refundable, and we recommend you purchase travel insurance separately at a later date. Details on what travel insurance does and does not cover will be explained when we move into this payment phase. A professional travel agent will be available to answer questions. Another option for someone who decides to cancel their attendance during this phase is to locate someone to "buy out" and take over their cabin.

The menu for the ship isn't posted until you go to sit down breakfast/lunch/dinner. The only ones that have a fixed menu are the specialty dining rooms (which are additional cost). The cruise you pay for includes the buffet, and all the sit down meals. Each meal always has something for everyone (chicken/beef/pasta/vegan/etc).

Re: Questions and Answers (Upgrades / Ship)

We will work a standby list for those who are wanting upgrades to nicer rooms.

We can not announce the cruise line yet. We are working with various cruise lines and will announce once a contract is signed. That is all contingent on having enough folks sign up for this. So get signed up and tell your buddies to do the same. There is no fear on pre-registering, you get your money back if we back out or if you do so (minus processing fees).

Special accommodation can be made for specific dietary restrictions. Menus vary by the dining location and the day.

Re: Questions and Answers (Upgrades / Ship)

Upgrades to a higher category are based on availability and it’s best to notify us of the desired category as soon as you’ve pre-registered.