Return to Website

WaterCure2 Message Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message, read responses to your mesages, and reply to those responses. Find answers to your questions and talk to other people with whom you have subjects in common.  You can even do a search for those subjects.

Malicious attacks will be made against this site as free solutions to highly profitable problems upset people who depend upon these problems for their income.

All slanderous or malicious comments have been deleted. Any person so doing in the future will be blocked from further posts. Good is anything that brings people together and that is what we are all about. The water cure work has been dedicated "To our Creator, with awe, humility and love." F. Batmanghelidj, M.D. We are all children of God and that is how the owners of this site will treat each and everyone that comes here.

Two TV news specials have been done by PBS & CBS TV (nominated for an Emmy) affiliates which have drawn huge ratings. Click here so you can truly appreciate the enormity of the watercure discovery. Click here and you will also see the testimonials that aired 12,000 times in 2004 that are astonishing people everywhere.  Feel free to copy and share them. Complete scientific info is available at watercure.com.

The forum is designed for people to post comments about the hydration cure.  If you can't get the vital help you need from each other or if you need help, coaching or advise in properly using hydration/water cure, please DO NOT post it here in this forum.  INSTEAD, please use the link on our web page or here to "CONTACT US" - mailto:watercure2@comcast.net  and ask about coaching help.  Once you are happy with the results, please post them on the forum.

Forum: WaterCure2 Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
how much water to drink?????

hello,
I am a regular consumer of water..and sometimes I drink a lot of water, but today I read on this website that drinking too much of water can be fatal, my tell me how much should i consume my weight is 172 pounds??/

Email  
Re: how much water to drink?????

172 pouds/2 = 86 ounces of water to drink

32ounces is a 1Liter

86 ounces is 2 liters and 733 milliliters :) .

thank you Arnold, your math on it was perfect. As per Dr. B's study, a person should be ingesting half of their body weight in fluid ounces of water per day. I weigh right now, 166 pounds so I am drinking half of my body weight. Half of 166 is 83 fluid ounces, so I take in 80 fluid ounces to make it an even number. And remember never go over that amount your should be ingesting as that could lead to something called hypourteremia or water poisoning. Just remember the old saying that too much of a good thing is bad for you. Too much water is bad and can kill you by shutting down your renal system and then due to that your circulator system will fail causing cardiac arrest. Why I know this, is because I've seen it happen not only in the Navy as a combat medic, but also out here as a civilian paramedic especially with people who jog and think that every mile you should drink 15 to 20 ounces of water. It's actually that every mile you should intake 8 fluid ounces.

Drink when you're thirsty, never more than what feels comfortable.

How much water you should drink on a daily basis depends on SO many factors. Heat, activity level, exercise, diet, salt intake, stress levels, how much you are speaking, and so on.

Don't follow any suggestion blindly, like x number of ounces per day. That's very irresponsible advice.

Also, don't listen to the nonsense of "when you are thirsty, you're already dehydrated!". That is the biggest load of nonsense that anyone in the health movement has ever come up with. If you are thirsty, drink a glass of water. If your thirst goes away, you are hydrated. Drink again when you get thirsty.

The tricky part is, sometimes people mistake hunger for thirst. This can be a little tricky for some. Lots of the time, people say, "I'm starving!" 30 minutes after they are a meal. Wrong. They are thirsty, but are mistaking that signal for hunger. It's almost impossible to be hungry 30 minutes after a meal, unless you ate a salad without dressing or something.

The bodyweight divided in half method is an OK tool to begin with, but don't adhere too strictly to it.

For me personally, I drink 2x the water in the summer than I do in the winter. I drink anywhere from 64-128 ounces per day in the summer. The wide variation is due to how much heat I am exposed to, am I exercising outside? Am I mowing the lawn and doing yard work? Is my A/C off? And in the winter, sometimes I only drink 32 ounces or so. It may be freezing cold out. I may be eating a lot of warming foods and soups. Just not a lot of need for a high water intake.

Use your thirst as the main guide, and be intelligent about it. No one can tell you for sure what the right water amount is for you. Use your intuition. Trust it.

Email