PanzerBlitz Forum

The forum of the PanzerBlitz Website

PanzerBlitz Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inspirational Story

Happy Father's Day! I have an inspirational message for those that don't think they can get a copy of Panzerblitz. Don't give up on your local hobby store!

Last week I went to Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove (California)in search of some Osprey magazines. It had been a few months since I had been there. I don't remember ever seeing a copy of Panzerblitz in the 15-month period I have been visiting the store. Nothing unusual about that.

Then, as I was finishing walking down their aisles I saw a group of what looked liked Avalon Hill wargames. Sure enough there were copies of Third Reich, Luftwaffe, Midway, and one copy of Panzerblitz! This copy was used and had some tape on it but upon closer inspection the tape was just to keep the old "slide in" style box from opening on its own. The box was in almost Mint condition!

Since my Panzerblitz box is in terrible shape I immediately decided that this game would be worth buying even if the game components inside were worn out. Then, the clincher--this game was priced at only $4.99!!! I was stunned because I would have purchased the fine box for $10 alone! When I bought the game I told the staff that they were "giving this game away" at that price and that the box alone was the reason why I was buying it.

So I then get the game home and discover ALL the components have barely been used! The mapboards are like new, and the counters (though punched) are also like new as are the rules, etc. Then, an added bonus---as I count the counters to see if any are missing I find that no counters are missing and I had an extra Panther tank piece! All this for $4.99!!! They could've sold this game for at least $30 or $40. What makes it more sweet is that I wasn't shopping for this game and had never seen a copy of Panzerblitz there before.

So don't give up hope that you will find a Panzerblitz in a hobby shop! Good Luck! Here is the contact information for Bruookhust Hobbies:

(714)636-3580
http://www.brookhursthobbies.com

Re: Inspirational Story

Gilbert not to burst your bubble or anything, but you need to visit Ebay. It has Panzerblitz all over it. Punched routinely sell for much less than $30 or $40. Unpunched copies come up frequently.

Re: Inspirational Story

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2537&item=5905297562&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW