PanzerBlitz Forum

The forum of the PanzerBlitz Website

PanzerBlitz Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Panzer leader info

Hi!

I just bought a Panzer Leader board game but I didn't get it yet. I was just wondering if there were Italians counters included in the game and if there is a distiction between British and American counters?

I would like to play this game with 3 other friends and I was wondering if there is a way to get Italians counters if there not included in the game.

I'm also interested in knowing how to photocopy counters and making them ready to use on the board...if anyone knows the technique (cardboard to use, size of photocopying, etc.) and is willing to help me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Panzer leader info

Hello. I have acquired new counters from 2 different sources recently. They were both on paper but easily copied with a good color copier to create a larger counter mix. Patrick Storto has a web site offering counters and scenarios for both PB and PL(I don't have the address offhand but it is listed under PB on the grognards.com site). His counters are superior in color and include a great variety of units not found in the original sets. He charges little more than the cost of materials and shipping -- quite reasonable. My other source is the Boardgamer's special issues to PB and PL. The color on their counters is not so great, but they do come on self-adhesive paper, which is helpful. For the Storto sets I simply used rubber cement and cardstock. I cut the sheets beforehand into sections I managed to affix precisely before the glue dried. The cardstock I chose was not as thick as I would have liked, but it will do. Part of the trouble of selecting thicker stock is difficulty with cutting. Some companies do still offer blank counter sheets. MMP informed me their PB size counters were of such a poor quality they warned me away from them. Other companies wanted more for them than I thought was reasonable, so I went with cardstock. Big advantage is pasting was a lot easier with sheets at a time as opposed to individual pieces.

Check out the Boardgamer's website at bright.net/~monninb or through the link at grognards.com. The two special issues offer lots of scenarios and rules clarifications, as well as analysis. The scerarios included are from a variety of sources other then the General. I highly recommend them. Storto's counters are very nice (except those for PL '40, which is a photocopy -- though better than nothing)and he offers a good package of General scenarios.

In case you have still to receive your game, there are no Italians, and the Allied pieces are not identified by nationality. Storto does include a couple Italian units in his standard set, and he has a few more you might be able to acquire from him. Brian Train's Desert Leader set (sorry, again I do not have the address handy. Going through grognard.com to the PB website that links to this forum you can find his stuff, as well as files for the counters. I didn't print them up yet as they are adjusted to AIW values) has several Italian units I have not found elsewhere. Also, based on my brief discussions with Marco Valeri and the materials he sent me, there appears to be a vast wealth of units and scenarios in Italy. You can access his website through grognards from the AIW listing. He sent me some interesting looking scenarios which I've only recently translated from the Italian.

I hope you find something useful in this response. Feel free to email me with any quesions I might be able to help you with. This web site is monitored by many long-time PB/PL gamers and I've found it to be a very helpful community.

dennis

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi!

I just bought a Panzer Leader board game but I didn't get it yet. I was just wondering if there were Italians counters included in the game and if there is a distiction between British and American counters?

I would like to play this game with 3 other friends and I was wondering if there is a way to get Italians counters if there not included in the game.

I'm also interested in knowing how to photocopy counters and making them ready to use on the board...if anyone knows the technique (cardboard to use, size of photocopying, etc.) and is willing to help me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Re: Panzer leader info

Thank you all for the great tips...I had some personnal e-mails with a lot of informations about the game and were to get counters!

Thanks again

Ian-T

Replying to:

Hello. I have acquired new counters from 2 different sources recently. They were both on paper but easily copied with a good color copier to create a larger counter mix. Patrick Storto has a web site offering counters and scenarios for both PB and PL(I don't have the address offhand but it is listed under PB on the grognards.com site). His counters are superior in color and include a great variety of units not found in the original sets. He charges little more than the cost of materials and shipping -- quite reasonable. My other source is the Boardgamer's special issues to PB and PL. The color on their counters is not so great, but they do come on self-adhesive paper, which is helpful. For the Storto sets I simply used rubber cement and cardstock. I cut the sheets beforehand into sections I managed to affix precisely before the glue dried. The cardstock I chose was not as thick as I would have liked, but it will do. Part of the trouble of selecting thicker stock is difficulty with cutting. Some companies do still offer blank counter sheets. MMP informed me their PB size counters were of such a poor quality they warned me away from them. Other companies wanted more for them than I thought was reasonable, so I went with cardstock. Big advantage is pasting was a lot easier with sheets at a time as opposed to individual pieces.

Check out the Boardgamer's website at bright.net/~monninb or through the link at grognards.com. The two special issues offer lots of scenarios and rules clarifications, as well as analysis. The scerarios included are from a variety of sources other then the General. I highly recommend them. Storto's counters are very nice (except those for PL '40, which is a photocopy -- though better than nothing)and he offers a good package of General scenarios.

In case you have still to receive your game, there are no Italians, and the Allied pieces are not identified by nationality. Storto does include a couple Italian units in his standard set, and he has a few more you might be able to acquire from him. Brian Train's Desert Leader set (sorry, again I do not have the address handy. Going through grognard.com to the PB website that links to this forum you can find his stuff, as well as files for the counters. I didn't print them up yet as they are adjusted to AIW values) has several Italian units I have not found elsewhere. Also, based on my brief discussions with Marco Valeri and the materials he sent me, there appears to be a vast wealth of units and scenarios in Italy. You can access his website through grognards from the AIW listing. He sent me some interesting looking scenarios which I've only recently translated from the Italian.

I hope you find something useful in this response. Feel free to email me with any quesions I might be able to help you with. This web site is monitored by many long-time PB/PL gamers and I've found it to be a very helpful community.

dennis

Replying to:

Hi!

Thanks in advance!