PanzerBlitz Forum

The forum of the PanzerBlitz Website

PanzerBlitz Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wreckage blocks

Does anyone have a solution for dealing with wreckage counters rendering a hex unusable? This is especially frustrating for the Russian player when the German player has numerous halftracks and plenty to deliberately burn up at critical points. If your opponent can build a breastwork around towns or hilltop woods hexes then spotting is impossible, much less even a close assault. I tend to think that this is unrealistic. It seems to me that infantry can wind and weave their way through wreckage, even if a hex contains three wreckage counters.

Re: Wreckage blocks

Given the rules as they are written, there is not much one can do about it. The answer lies in the victory conditions. If the victory conditions includes destroyed enemy units, whether for victory points or for a certain number to obtain a certain victory level, then the enemy player will not be so wasteful with his armored units. If he deliberately places his armored units, in this case halftracks, around victory objectives in order to create a breastwork to prevent close assaults, then he will be giving points to the other player when they are destroyed. On the other hand, if destroyed enemy units is not a victory condition or part of them, then suck it up and find some other way to win the scenario.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Does anyone have a solution for dealing with wreckage counters rendering a hex unusable? This is especially frustrating for the Russian player when the German player has numerous halftracks and plenty to deliberately burn up at critical points. If your opponent can build a breastwork around towns or hilltop woods hexes then spotting is impossible, much less even a close assault. I tend to think that this is unrealistic. It seems to me that infantry can wind and weave their way through wreckage, even if a hex contains three wreckage counters.

Re: Re: Wreckage blocks

I agree, how about a movement penalty of two turns and a lost of 25% of attack strength while in a wreck hex to move through it. 10 minutes crossing 250 metres of wreck and litter strewn ground while maintaining a tactical formation is not unreasonable,not to mmention the lost in command control over combat power.

Replying to:

Given the rules as they are written, there is not much one can do about it. The answer lies in the victory conditions. If the victory conditions includes destroyed enemy units, whether for victory points or for a certain number to obtain a certain victory level, then the enemy player will not be so wasteful with his armored units. If he deliberately places his armored units, in this case halftracks, around victory objectives in order to create a breastwork to prevent close assaults, then he will be giving points to the other player when they are destroyed. On the other hand, if destroyed enemy units is not a victory condition or part of them, then suck it up and find some other way to win the scenario.

Replying to: