AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1971 Karman Ghia Backglass

Lee
If this is the case remove the teeth(these are usually spot welded on and a pain to remove). Or try this. So what we did and have done a lot in the past is use a WBL F 332 w/strip for the Rabbit. We cut it on one side of the seam and cut to fit on the glass. Then use Gold Glass W/Strip glue to join the ends. Man that stuff works great. It was snug but it went in. The 332 will also work on Ghias, cut to size. HTH

So this is your solution? Hack and saw or grind and cut down things? Really Lee ? Real professional

How would you help on this? RUN???

Hack Master Lee
Lee
If this is the case remove the teeth(these are usually spot welded on and a pain to remove). Or try this. So what we did and have done a lot in the past is use a WBL F 332 w/strip for the Rabbit. We cut it on one side of the seam and cut to fit on the glass. Then use Gold Glass W/Strip glue to join the ends. Man that stuff works great. It was snug but it went in. The 332 will also work on Ghias, cut to size. HTH

So this is your solution? Hack and saw or grind and cut down things? Really Lee ? Real professional

Hack master,
you my friend are missing the point of what LEE is saying. It is obvious you don't do older VW bugs and carmaghia's . It is called IMPROVISION, all parts are after market for these cars nothing fits, Plus you just read what LEE posted and learned something new. Let me ask you this, Do you know the difference between a 1965 Hardtop to a convertible to a super beetle? And do you even understand why Lee used a different WBL gasket? you Probably have NO CLUE,

Lee

Yes, If I was a customer that came into your shop! I would RUN as fast as I can away after I see you install glass like this!

Hack Master Lee
Lee

Yes, If I was a customer that came into your shop! I would RUN as fast as I can away after I see you install glass like this!

Lookie,Lookie. We have a Hack from the South. Defending a Hack from the West. I guess all HACKS defend each other.

So HML how would you solve this??

Lee
So HML how would you solve this??

I'd do my research and buy New Old Stock "NOS" I'd start buy trying these guys that carry NEW OEM NOS. http://www.karmannghia.com/. Google can be your friend.
Any other questions I can HELP you with LEE ?

You would use a 40 year old NOS part? Good luck with that. The trouble is people that sell parts don't know if they fit or not. They are told that's the part by there bosses. The best place to buy VW parts is http://shop.westcoastmetric.com/index.php
They have parts that fit and know the correct parts to use. Time to grow up HML.

Lee
You would use a 40 year old NOS part? Good luck with that. The trouble is people that sell parts don't know if they fit or not. They are told that's the part by there bosses. The best place to buy VW parts is http://shop.westcoastmetric.com/index.php
They have parts that fit and know the correct parts to use. Time to grow up HML.

So why didn't you post that advise? Instead of Magic Bullet slice and dice glass and gaskets? Sorry I wasn't around to work on horse and buggy like you was 1st hand to share all that knowledge and experience. I don't want to grow OLD.

You don't have any options on growing old. Quick fix with parts readily available. Instead of waiting for fedex.

Better to be criticized by a wise person than to be praised by a fool.
Glad to hear what you say Lee.

I am not sure Lee why you even answered that schmuck. Some people just see everything black and white and don't get it. What a waste of time. Some people do not even know where there is a will there is a way.

OG
You don't have any options on growing old. Quick fix with parts readily available. Instead of waiting for fedex.

Coming from a man that doesn't buy moldings to do a Corvette doesn't hold to much water there slappy. Which leads me to believe you don't wait around for Fedex to often......

Still jealous huh?? Come on tell us how many you have done this way.

OG
Still jealous huh?? Come on tell us how many you have done this way.

Jealous? No! Amazed,Yes! Very much on how you sleep @ nite......

I have to agree with Lee West Coast has more VW rubber experience than just about anyone out there. If not sure talk to Loren Pearson himself.

West Coast Knows VW rubber parts, with over 40 years experience and Loren's ownership of most models, he is the one to get the facts from.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com