AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PROGRESSIVE, "HERE'S YOUR SIGN"!

Ya gotta love it! An adjuster calls and needs a price. You give the price and he's fine with it. Tells you to do the job and send him the bill so they can send a check. You do the job, sent the bill, got no money. Another month goes by, still no money! 3rd month, start calling to find out where the check is! Voice mail! Voice mail! Voice mail! Call the main #, ask who this guys boss is. Talk to him. Tells me I have to talk to the field adjuster! Call him 5 times a day for a week. Finally calls us back to tell us that the check was cut to the body shop where we did the job. Tells us that it's up to us to get our money from them. Call the body shop. They say "WHAT MONEY?!" "WHAT JOB!?" "DID WE GIVE YOU A PO #?" Gotta love this biz!

Re: PROGRESSIVE, "HERE'S YOUR SIGN"!

I dont do body shops for that reason! They owe me more money then the insurance people do. Body shops should hire their own people but they know they cant find any one to work for what little they want to pay.

You have to make sure you get a claim faxed from ANY insurance company before performing the replacement. Meanwhile, I would mail the car owner an invoice.

The car owner is the son of an agent we do work for... i really like them, dont want to **** them off.
The work was done "AT" a body shop "FOR" the insurance company at their request, not the body shop. Thats why we never got a PO or RO from the body shop. They just felt the extra money they got was a tip!! I had to have the field adjuster call them back and explain how the insurance screwed up.(like they would admit to that)an that the money was owed to us for the glass work.
Could this be construed as insurance fraud?

If they kept the money, mabey.

On the other hand, law says if you recieve something in the mail you didn't order, it's yours to keep, for free....so.......lol lol

All overpays, doublepays, or unspecified payments we receive are applied to other short paid accounts for that insurer. All paperwork tracking such is clearly documented.

We have a rash lately of VERY late payments coming in with NO details of 'what' is being paid. We try to sort it out, but sending payments without clearly specifying what is being paid is a violation of state laws here, so, we do what we can to sort it out.

want to get your money? take them ( progressive, body shop, and insured) to small claims court. i will assure you that once all three are served you will have your money and your court cost before you ever go to court or shut up and take it like an auto glass company!

Dont care if it is a body shop I do work for or a shop the insuarnce company is send me to. I always get the RO# and A PO# unless I have payment in hand.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com