AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
insurance

Just wondering if someone could help...
I have an employee who has been with us for a few years. He is a great employee, but has a horrible driving record. My insurance won't cover him to drive my company vehicles. Does any one else have this problem?? What company do you use? We do random drug screening, that we could submit periodically to the company. Some body insures these guys. I know people that work for Safelite, and know that they insure "bad" drivers. I knew someone that was employed by them and drove their vehicles that had a recent DUI on his record. What my employees do on their own time is their business , not mine. But I am 100% sure (on this particular guy) that he's not doing anything on my time to jeopardize his safety or any one else's for that matter. Please help if you can, I desperatley need to get this guy on the road by himself.
Thanks!!

Re: insurance

I have had this problem in the past. I recommend getting a progressive policy set up for him through your agent. I charge the employee the diffrence in cost of the policy.

Get them to buy theyre own work van and insure it themselves pay them as a subcontractor .

if you pay them as a sub contractor, then by law they can do work for other companies and themselves.if you try to make them only work for you the irs can go after you.

Give him the shop supervisor role for awhile until he gets his head together.
Or you can put him thru drivers again.
I don't really think you should be responsible for this guys mistakes.I would imangine that insurance for him would be very costly to both of you.
If he is that important to you; When there is a will,there is always a way.

Hire someone on minimum wage to drive him around and be his little helper. Have you tried to call around for insurance on just him and the company vehicle he would be driving?

When I used to work for Diamond they would do just what Glasswoman advised. They would hire someone for minimum wage to simply drive the guy around.

The only potential problem I could see with this would be that eventually the "helper" would begin to learn the trade and realize he could make a helluva lot more $$$ if he became an installer. Thats how Diamond found new installers in one market I used to work in!

Either hire someone to drive him around or have him work in shop. Safelite does it all the time.

We have an advertiser on the glassBYTEs website called AGRR Insurance. I'm not sure if they can help you but their website is www.agrrinsurance.com.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com