AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RAV 4 D/G

05 RAV 4, LFD, Anyone know how to reset anti-pinch? Thanx

Re: RAV 4 D/G

if it's the same technology as the toyota 4 runner...

http://www.iga.org/informed/articles/view.php?a=119
good luck.

THANKS

Well, did it work??? i've never come across one, but i'd like to know if the procedure works.

I passed it along to the body shop that we supplied the glass to and they ended up sending it to a dealer to be reset.

I am curious as to them making the decision to send it to the dealer because the 'trick' didn't work/or they didn't want to bother with it. Again, i've never come across the situation, but.........

I have not personaly had one yet, but was told you have to pull the motor basically run it up and down till you get in position again which ends up being a lengthy trial and error. I am wondering if its on the same line as the Lexus RX300 & 330.

Has anyone attempted to collect or been successful at collecting additional fees for the reseting of the power up d/g's I have not attempted yet but always think of it while I am doing the procedure, and some are complex. Just getting ahold of the info is the worst part if you have not done that particular car before!

the toyota/lexus will reset if you hold the button in the down position after it has bottomed out for 10 secs....I would assume the rav4 would be the same. Make sure to let your installers know that YOU CAN NOT UNPLUG THE THE UP AND DOWN SWITCH WITH THE IGNITION SWITCH IN THE ON POSITION!!!! Matter of fact I wouldnt even have the keys in the ignition switch during the disassembly/assembly process. As long as you unplug/plug the switch with the ignition off you will never have this problem.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com