AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
06 BMW 3Series

Has anyone else on here done one of these and how did you like the new snap in system for attaching the glass to the regulator. I thought it was very inivative and loved the screwless design. I would like to see all manufacturers go to this at some point. Them German engineers are the bomb. I do wonder how well it will hold together 10 years down the line though.......

Re: 06 BMW 3Series

Is it anything like the GM design on the newer Malibu door glasses? Just slide the glass in place and SNAP.

Sounds like the Jeep Liberty rear door glass--EASY

Yeah the GM door glass for the newer Malibus is easy. It slides right into the track and SNAP. The last one I did didn't take me hardly anytime at all.

I have heard that the door glasses on the Colorado/Canyon trucks are similar, but I haven't actually gotten to work on one yet. Done plenty of windshields and afew back glasses in them, but no door glasses yet.

I didnt know US manufacturers were doing this too..I havent done any door glasses on any of the models you guys listed.....shields yes but no tempered. I love it, like I said though, I wonder about durability over the long haul.

Durability may be an issue. The "snaps" are made out of nylon I think. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com