AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2001 Mercedes c320

Is it possible to cut harness wiring on this vehicle when installing w/s? If so, how much is it to repair those wires?

Re: 2001 Mercedes c320

Pull out your checkbook and/or pawn your van.

Hey Glass Woman,

I wouldnt think so. If I am not mistaken this is one of the easier Mercedes to do. The cowl just has a few small screws and slides out. If I were you I would check the vehical first by removing the cowl and checking to see if there is any wiring that could have been cut, I dont remember seeing any exposed wires around/under the dash area either.
Is it a specific "we never had this problem before you changed the glass" thing or something that can specifically be pointed to as being cut.

we replaced the glass and the computer said to check light sensor. We dont know if it justs needs to be reset or what.

Never seen that before...Have you talked to anyone from Benz to find out what the sensor is and where its located and if it is a "reset" thing. If it is a light sensor it sounds like it could be an automatic dimmer for the headlights, something in the mirror perhaps..?? Most of the time if you can talk to the Benz people "in person" they are usually easy to get along with, at least the ones in my area are, and enjoy showing someone how much they know about their product. Would definantly be worth a shot before you just send the car to them and paying labor for them to figure it out. Please let me know what happens, I am curious to know whats up with this just in case I ever run into it.

Dealership is saying that it needs dealer glass to work. PPg makes mercedes glasses, we used ppg. I think the dealer wants the money for the replacement. We've replaced plenty of Mercedes glasses and we never had this problem.

We have a toyota dealer in the area that is doing the same thing on the rain sensor. "IT HAS TO BE A TOYOTA GLASS OR THE RAIN SENSOR WONT WORK CORECTLY"!! Something about the amount of tint or the darkness of it, or some such crud. Good way for them to sell a toyota glass, moulding, and have you come in and just charge them labor.

On those same lines has anyone had any problems with the rain sensor on a 07 Tahoe? If it is unplugged the wipers work fine, but if you plug the sensor in you now have no delay. I sent it to the dealer I did all I could here. Just wondered if anyone had come across this. I was thinking maybe some sort of reset sequence.

There was a previous thread about the new Tahoe rain sensors. If I'm not mistakin' it was moved to the TECH FORUM by the TYRANNY of the Webbie!!

Check there!

(Just kidding Bryan...you know we all love you!)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com