This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help with uploading to web, blond question from newbie

OK forgive me if I am being blond....

Am a new member and payment has been processed. Have existing web page that was hosted with someone else. It was made using ancient software but that suits me!

Anwyay I have muddled through changing my (owned) domain name (windermerestud.com) to bravenet and creating ftp account and have uploaded it to the web in the ftp screen under web/windermerestud.com. And it has loaded OK. Or at least it says completed!

What else? Is that all I have to do? The page isn't showing on line yet. What have I missed?

Re: Help with uploading to web, blond question from newbie

Your domain name expired on 27 June. According to a "whois" enquiry your registrar is BroadbandNet pty ltd in Perth so you need to get in touch with them PDQ.

OK Ta, that makes sense. BBnet just fell over - there were no notifications sent out. BBNet no longer exist. How do I get the name registered with Bravenet instead of BBNet? I tried to register it here and of course it said it was already taken (ie by me!)

Further to that have just gone into Bravenet and asked to transfer the domain name to me here, and have successfully (I think) done that and paid for it...

What next oh great and wise one?....