This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I've tried everything! I still don't see my site!

Your site -- that is, your home page -- is visible, sort of, but it's all garbled, at least when viewed using Firefox 2.

It looks like you used a Microsoft product, possibly MS Publisher, and you have not "published" the site properly. When I look at your HTML, you have links to ".mht" files located on your own hard drive. Your site may seem to work, when you view it on your own computer, but it will not work over the Internet.

So... what tool did you use -- what's its name, and the version number (MS Publisher 2003, for instance, or something else)?

What url did you enter??? I started with MS Publisher...did some of the editing on Bravenet and with MS Publisher and MS word? I did notice some of the "extensions" were mth. I think I will start completely over...use only html extensions...
(thanks sooo much for your help!)

can tell you that you shouldn't be mixing all sorts of things with making your site

word, and publisher are not the best things to be using to make your site then you go in and do stuff with bravenet's editors

mixing all these editors is making a mess of your site

Re: Re: I've tried everything! I still don't see my site!

I just clicked on the link you had provided in your post:

http://realinternetdating411.com/

If you just stick to one of those Microsoft "tools", MS Publisher or MS Word, you will have (only) a very difficult time getting a site working. When you mix them with something else, especially each other (where did you get that idea???), you may have succeeded in making a difficult task impossible.

I keep seeing advice not to mix things. I have virtually used an electric mixer with mine without any problems.