This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Update hosting + domain

Hi!
My web hosting and domain registration will expire in 2 days. I've been trying for the last week to purchase new subscriptions (both hosting and registration), but failed. All the times the message was "Sorry, we can not process the request at this time.".

Can someone tell me why or where I did wrong ? The contact information is OK - or so I believe, anyway there was no error there.

Thanks

Re: Update hosting + domain

Raise a ticket.

There may be a problem with your contact details as Yahoo can be quite agressive about what they regard as spam and Bravenet don't trust people with an email address that bounces.

My annual hosting fee was paid several months ago, but somehow the domain name renewal transaction was not processed. Now my website is not on the Internet. The domain name is still valid on Whosis, and I want to pay for a multiyear renewal. However, I cannot access my Account because, despite multiple efforts to eliminate any blockage of cookies, I still get a message saying I don't have cookies enabled.
NO OTHER WEBSITE EXHIBITS THIS PROBLEM.
I have submitted a ticket to Support, and added additional comment and question to that ticket. But, other than the initial acknowledgement, after several days the ticket is showing no further response.
Is Bravenet still in business?
Is there a phone number I can call?
What can I do?

wait for a response from your support ticket and monitor online as well too since your e-mail is AOL is all you can do

THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER

as bravenet staff have posted in here at times to contact them you have to open a support ticket

so just going to have to wait till they respond again

also watch your junk folder. some emails think bravenet mail is spam.

Re: Re: Update hosting + domain

Check the ticket on-line. AOL may not even bother to deliver it.

Re: Re: Re: Update hosting + domain

Thanks People,
Hosting and Domain are paid-up for another year yet. I've interacted with Support via email, then via the ticket. They've gotten the website back on the Internet, but I've still been unable to access my Account.
The Bravenet page still comes up telling me I don't have cookies enabled, but I'm CERTAIN cookies ARE enabled. I've done everything I know to be sure cookies are enabled more than 10 times, but I still cannot get into my Account to do ANYTHING.

I think Bravenet is causing the problem, but Support still seems to be unable to fix it.

ANY MORE IDEAS?

COOKIES is an issue with YOUR COMPUTER so it has to be taken care of on YOUR END

clear your cookies
change your security settings

allow bravenet.com

if you have spysweeper or some program that is blocking cookies from bravenet

a lot of things on YOUR end with the cookies issue

Thanks again,
I've done all the conventional things everyone mentions several times already. I've even double checked my password.
My account has worked okay for over six years, and I can't think of anything I've done that might have been relevant to the problem --unless... Unless I have inadvertantly deleted a "cookie" folder somewhere.

I can create a folder wherever it is needed, but I have no idea where Bravenet's cookies want to be installed (I see several already). Does anyone know which and how many cookie folders they try to put them in? ?

Hi People,
Candy (above) was closest to the solution (Thanks!).
The problem WAS my antivirus program, --not anything to do with Bravenet. --But Microsoft
IE might be the real culprit.....
I had no problem accessing my Account Overview page using Netscape or Opera browsers, so I didn't think the antivirus program was responsible, but IE and AOL (which is a mask on IE) must do something different to cookies as they come through.... Because upon discovering how to deactivate "real time scanning" by my antivirus (F-Secure from Wildblue), everything works fine.
(I hope this is of some help to the original poster above.)

Further Thought:
The difficulty I experienced included two or three full screen ads popping up in front of the Bravenet Account Overview page. When these were deleted I would discover the "DNS" or "cookies not enabled" Bravenet page beneath them.
Since the ads did not appear when using the other browsers, I suspect they are being inserted by Microsoft IE (not by Bravenet).
Therefore, my antivirus program must have been detecting and blocking a troublesome or malicious cookie from one of those ad sources which I had independently blocked, and which then reflected back to Bravenet as "blocked" or not "enabled."
/ ...just discerned one more pebble on the Highway... Oh Well...!