This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: google search

THANK YOU----I GOT MY ANSWER

Jen:

No, your images are not "fine", they are terrible, and not at all suited for the Internet!

If what you say on your site is correct: "This site is created for my family and friends..." then you are OK.

If you want people other than your close family and very close friends to visit your site, you have quite a bit of work ahead of you.

If you want Google to index your site, the main obstacles are:

(1) content

and

(2) links

You need to make sure you have relevant content on your site. As long as your site is relevant, Google wants to index it as much as you want them to.

Google is only successful if they yield search results that match what people are interested in.

You need to convince other, relevant sites to link to yours. Without that, your site will probably never appear in a Google search.

Submitting a site to Google won't do much to help you.

If you will not listen to advice, your site will not succeed.

DROP IT!!!!!!!!!!
I AM NOT REDUCING THE SIZE OF MY IMAGES

Not only are you wasting your own bandwidth you are STEALING from people who have download limits.

PETER
STEALING IS A VERY HARSH WORD, I DO NOT THINK YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO SAY THAT. I DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH ANYMORE "WEB MASTER WANNABEES"

I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never one to shy from battle, macmac girds his loins and sallies forth into the fray...
Jen, I have the sense that maybe the word "size" is misleading in terms of how an image is displayed on your site. I agree that you wouldnt want to change the physical dimensions of your images; they fit your page perfectly. What the responders are referring to is file size. For instance, the cake below, on your web page, is about 1.33 mb, and takes a long while to download, even on superfast connections. With a simple graphics program, I reduced the size to about 3 kb with very little loss of quality.

Photobucket

macmac
thank you, you are the true web master, your response is very informative and it impress me. this time i might have to market for some good quality web design program and take your advise. I am not concern with my files right now and my images will stay the same size until i decide to use the "best" web design program. great answer, thanks again.