This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vbulletin

you will need to provide some more information.

are you one paid hosting?
how much have you done so far?
any error messages?
what step are you stuck on?

Sorry i am on premium and i just dont seem to be able to upload it so i can use it if that makes sense ive also managed to lose the right to look on my page now

ok if i look in file manager all the vbulletin stuff is there just dont know how to install it???? anyone?

try drupal at drupal.org a fully featured cms that is relatively easy to learn.

Browser: Nightmare1158,4

i havent tried vbullitin yet, but in many cases, after you have files uploaded, try to find the "readme" file (usually a text file) that will give you the real instructions.

you may need to change the "permissions" on some folders or files. in FTP that is usually a "right click" option.

after that, you probably need to run an install script which is usually found at...
http://www.yoursite.com/AnySubPath/install.php
perhaps check the filenames or readme file for a better idea on this one.

the install script should set things up for you.

in some cases, i've had to startup a database first because the script would not do it. if that becomes a case, then log into your bravenet, start a database, get the ID & password for that to enter into the install script. try again.

hope that helps a bit.

sorry i am really new to all this so i am still confused. it is all in my ftp i just cant get it to the actual site as a forum? thanks again