This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I find out who's visiting my site?

Is there a way (an easy way) to find out who's visiting my site? I used blue wizard to create my site and don't know didly about html and stuff.
Thanks

Re: How do I find out who's visiting my site?

you can sign up for the free counter if you have the free subdomain here at bravenet

or if you want more statistical info check out statcounter and get a counter there

statcounter I do believe lets you see countries where people come from and some other statistics

just depends fully on what you want

then you get the code for whatever one you want and place on your site

if you are using the wizard to make your site then you would just switch to the code editor tab and place the code in where you would like your counter placed and then save and publish your site again

Thanks CANDY,

I visited their site just now and it says this,

"How do the Summary Stats work?

The 'Summary Stats' determines whether a visitor has been to your website before by using a cookie. So if a user has cookies disabled we have no way of knowing if they are unique or not, and will by default be considered unique."

I guess it's not very reliable because most people now disable cookies.

Also, the IP thing doesn't work very well either as a lot of people have 'dynamic web proxy' IP's, they get a different number each time they visit a site.

I guess the answer is that there really is no one sure way to keep track.

Thanks again

Re: Re: How do I find out who's visiting my site?

You can use a Bravenet counter with hosting anywhere not just on Bravenet hosting.

Re: Re: How do I find out who's visiting my site?

Correct. All hit counters have the same problem.

You could try Google analytics - it's simple to use (just pasting code to each page you want to keep track of)
http://www.google.com/analytics/