This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Size

I have built my entire site, finished pages and editing. It is really pretty nice but when I go to the website, it only takes up half the computer screen. Is there some reason it does not stretch across the length of the monitor? or is it maybe just the layout I chose? Hmmm.

Re: Size

You need to centre your template....(I think)

If you go into Bravenet visual editor , you should be able to do it there - by highlighting the whole thing and click the centre edit tab....other than that you will have to put the code in the text editor...

Anyway, you can always test it and should test it first, by creating a test html file...

Debbie,

It really comes down to the size and resolution of your monitor. If you are using a larger display with a higher resolution your web page is going to appear smaller then to someone using a smaller display and resolution.

Courtnie

Thank you Alan and Courtney. I will try the suggestion you made, Alan but if it is just my monitor size and resolution...that's okay I guess. I'm not entirely unhappy with the site. Thanks again both of you!

Well , Courtnie's from Bravenet - and I wouldn't dare argue with her

But your website is to the left on my monitor and I visit 100s of websites in a day...and everyone else's is centre stage.....

A page will automatically scale to the width of the browser unless it is explicitly designed to do otherwise.

With the large screens that are now available a page left to default can end up with lines that are longer than they eye can comfortably cope with and most professional designers will restrict page width. Newspaper editors worked this out hundreds of years ago which is why they print in columns.

I have experimented with left aligned and centred pages and as far as I am concerned the jury is still out.

The page that I have linked uses a fixed width block of text in the centre of the screen.

Re: Re: Size

Alan,
It is also to the left of my monitor! I tried the visual editor thing but it did not work. Highlighted the entire page and tried to center it but it only moved some of the text.

Alas....
You probably should not argue with Courtnie!

Thanks, Peter. That is pretty much what I have determined at this point. Guess that's what I get for doing a FREE site with limited templates, etc., etc.
Thanks again.

P.S., Peter
I like what you have done to your website.