This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Creating new files using file manager

i believe as well the version of the wizard you are using has limited you to 7 pages

I forgot which one lets you have more but there is a Theme Wizard and a Layout Wizard editor

I would also watch what you are putting in your areas of your template. Some of the items you have are too big for the template column and you have all the scroll bars

Looks like you have a paid site, since I don't see any adds on your site. My suggestion is to learn to copy and paste your code, use a test page to see how the code looks, go to text editor and copy it to the page you want, then you can create as many pages as you want. Atleast that is the way I did it in the beginning, and I have never had a problem.

Browser: Nightmare1158,4

i am having the same trouble with the file manager. i don't know how to edit the pages when i create a new file. im really quite stuck, and i have fiddled with the other tools offered, and cannot seem to find a way to add another editable file. please help!!!

Note: i did not make the site myself, i just took over the web editing stuff

if you are taking over from someone who first made the site you have to edit the site with the editor they used

if bravenet's wizard, or something else

login click websites tab and click on the edit button next to your site link and you should be at your maintenance area for your website then if you used the wizard to make site click on the wizard link if used something else like dreamweaver or frontpage or notepad you should have your files saved on your computer so you can just open up the site with that program edit and publish your site

here is my other question. I have a midi file that I waunt to embed into one of my pages. I can do this useing the file manager however I cant seam to save the changes I have looked all over the page I am working on using the file manager and thare is nothing to click on to save changed like in the website wizerds. And the file never gets embeded. becouse I cant save the file. after embedding the midi file. whats up with that?

the buttons under the accouont tab when you are in the file manager area one of those is the save it will ask you for a prompt what do you want to save as and you type the name of page or if it is one you are editing then just hit ok

But depending on if you are using the visual or text editor