This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Uploaded using FTP and all but first page are blurry!

MS Publisher is a bear! It's OK for printing posters (Garage Sale this weekend!), or even newsletters, but terrible for even a one-page website.

You must have too much overlap. You need to keep text blocks away from images and other text blocks.

When you preview your site (before you upload it), you can tell whether the text is actually text on your site or has been converted to images several ways. One way is to view a page and do select all (probably ctrl-a). If the text goes sort of negative, indicating it has been selected, you are OK.

There are many more headaches ahead of you, especially as you use browsers other than IE to check your layout.

Good luck!

Re: Uploaded using FTP and all but first page are blurry!

I did a Google search, and found that as I suspected, there are serious pitfalls involved in using text boxes with MS Publisher that I was not aware of. Here's a note from a Microsoft-related site:

"How come my text on the web page is not a accurate reproduction of the text box in the web publication? This is most typically due to the use of any type of Paragraph formatting to the text in the text box. Such formatting is for a print publication, and not a web publication where the results will be unpredictable. So do not apply things like - tabs, indents, line-spacing. Font face and font size are to be the only formatting applied to text in a web publication."

The above is from a page on the msmvps.com site, typical-questions-from-the-typical-publisher-web-design-newbie.

Good luck cleaning up your site!