This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: domains question

it basically means she has 2 domains and wants to put them both as one site but she has to wait till they expire and renew the domain she wants but what should do before the domains expire and hosting as well is save the files from the one domain you don't want if you want to combine your sites so when you do renew the domain you do want

but if mean something different could explain further for us

I have 3 domains.

Mjj Butterflies.com expires feb. 13,09
Butterflies777.net expires Sept 29,09
Dangerous-2us.net expires nov. 12. 08

I just want to keep the Butterflies777.net. I know it sounds confusing. Should I just let them run their course until they expire and start over?
Dangerous ...I'll let that expire.

by the sounds of it, you can transfer whatever pages/files you like to the storage area of the one domain name, whichever way you will eventually want it. you can then delete the files from the other two domains and let them run their course to the end.

(just remember to renew the name and the hosting for the one you want to keep.)

I too have one that is about to expire, what I have done is to save all the files for the one that is going to exprire as a subdomain as one that I intend to keep so that when the one expires all the files and indexes are saved over to the other. I have also currently done a redirect and instructed all visitors to bookmark the new site name. This way when they do expire if anyone is actually visiting the site, they already know that it will eventually be deleated and they will have to use the new site url to continue service.

I hope that is similar to what you are asking.

Sue C

Browser: Nightmare1158,4