General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I bought it but it won't let me...

you do have to pay when you are registering a domain

Then I wish they would specify that you still have to pay for a domain! I am on a low budget and thought I was getting a domain. Now I'm told I have to pay again. They should state that on the purchase page.

on the signup page, it does state you get a domain name for free for the duration of your term...

http://www.bravenet.com/hosting/signup.php

"Select the 1, 2 or 5 year term and get a free domain name for the life of your hosting account!"

it might need to have been done during the signup process. if that part was missed, perhaps open a ticket through the support lines.

AND IT DOES TAKE UP TO 72 HOURS FOR YOUR DOMAIN NAME TO BE REGISTERED. It does state that. Give it a chance, then create your free hosting package. Which I totally don't understand. I am self employeed, making less than $500 a month hubby is on disablilty and I still find a way to pay $12.00 a month for premium Hosting. Tell me you can't afford it......I dare you......!

Browser: Nightmare1158,4

SueC

good YOU can afford premium hosting and more snob but maybe others can't

so go spread your wealth and garbage elsewhere

Re: Re: I bought it but it won't let me...

If the budget is tight then shop around for your ISP. I get 100meg of hosting and a free domain name as part of my broadband package which is no more expensive than ISPs that provide a connection and nothing else.

So I should be able to get a registered domain, ozarksvalleynubians.com, without paying extra? It's still not showing I get a domain free, should I get a support ticket or whatever they are called?

Thanks all for your help!!!

I wouldn't call myself a snob. :) I have a whole $80 left and have to spend it on my goats, which are my income. Pretty soon they will be having kids to sell.... I REALLY shouldn't have spent that $29 but I am going to try to sell some crafts I made for extra $ and my old website wasn't very good.