This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FTP/Dreamweaver/uploading questions

Hello all. I am using Dreamweaver and am confused about how to use the Bravenet FTP applet with it to upload my files/images. When in DW I try to 'define a remote server' and it asks me for FTP host... do I just enter www.bravenet.com there? And also it asks for host directory.. what do I enter in this field? Is this the 'path' it gave me when I created the FTP applet account in Bravenet? I tried those and it did not connect. Can u please help if u know about this... Thanks alot in advance! :-)

Re: FTP/Dreamweaver/uploading questions

login and click the ftp tab and get your ftp information there

you may have to set an ftp account to get it etc

the applet is totally seperate so since you are using dreamweaver use the built in ftp prgram with it but as said login to bravenet and click the ftp tab and follow what it says there and all your information is right there for what you need

others may pop in here and say put ftp.xx.bravehost.com but your information could be totally different to what you put

i know my ftp information is not what some people say to put

Re: FTP/Dreamweaver/uploading questions

I am using KompoZer (NVu updated) and I am getting a "login incorrect" when I type the ftpxx.bravehost.com (as supplied in the ftp tab)...

I would like to use something much easier than that built-in program, so that the people I am helping can learn KompoZer instead.