This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Please clarify (re: guestbook and frames)

i dont think the free hosting is able to support frames (or so i was informed).

the free hosting doesn't support frames so would be better off not using frames

you say you don't mind the banners in the frame and on the pages but can be annoying

Cathy, you have a very attractive and well-designed site. Your site is not a bravenet free site, so the frames issue raised by the last two responders is irrelevant. You may want to try going to the Bravenet knowledge base and query "frames", I see that there are several (6) entries which may answer your question.

Incidently, in the three years I've been associated with Bravenet, I've never seen a single official statement from Bravenet forbidding the use of frames on a free website. But I dont use frames or free websites, so I may have missed something.

Cathy has made the change I suggested (I forgot to mention, that gbook.html page should be deleted), so now her guestbook is appearing when people visit her Guestbook page:

www.catherinebusinelle.com/cat_guestbook.html

Now some images she is trying to bring in to the guestbook page are not appearing, because there is no "images" subdirectory within the guestbook. I think once she removes those img tags, everything should be fine.

The images at the top are not needed, because they already appear in the top (navigation) frame. And the images at the bottom are not needed, because they appear in the bottom frame.

there is no guestbook subdirectory never has been

so if she wants to put any images on her guestbook design

then she needs to login in her registered webtools section click the guestbook link then go to the look and feel section and design her guestbook the way she likes

any images she uses need to be loaded to her file manager area for her site and she just puts the link to a guestbook header if she wants to design one or something there it asks for in the look and feel area then she hits save and her changes should take place