This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
This webpage doen't need ALL the suppotting files, does it?

I used Microsoft PowerPoint to create a webpage. I could have used XML format, but XML isn't supported with free hosting. So I used HTML, but now I have 620 supporting files to upload (literally). I uploaded 108 of them. I didn't upload 5 EOT files (which are just font) and 507 graphic interchange files (GIF).

So I still have 512 files to upload, but do I have to uplad ALL of them??? The website is still not working. See:

(This might not work.)

What is wrong?

P.S. There is one javascript file.

Re: This webpage doen't need ALL the suppotting files, does it?

well your number 1 problem is the editor you are using

DO NOT use word, or powerpoint to make a webpage

they are not web page makers

use dreamweaver, frontpage or find a free wysiwyg editor like coffeecup html or something

your page is all out of sorts because you have put things after the bravenet banners which the one main top banner you have and the bottom one is supposed to be at bottom of your page and that is not the case.

You put your text and more in between the main top banners and the one that goes at bottom

if you are using the free subdomain as you are

your files are all messed up and more looking at source code

ANYTHING you want to put on your site you have to upload. I don't care if you have 1000 pictures you want to put around on different pages you upload ALL those pictures and you upload the seperate pages you make

and your code for them has to match where you put them.

So sort out what you want to use for making your site and more just not word, publisher, powerpoint

Re: This webpage doen't need ALL the suppotting files, does it?

Well for a start the login button doesn't link to a supported file type. Your home page consists entirely of graphics so if the rest of the site is the same then the number of gifs is probably accurate.

As already stated use a proper site building tool.