This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Transforming Web Site From FrontPage to FTP

i created the site using frontpage. I want to upload the new site onto the server but for some reason i cant. how do i turn off the frontpage extension again? i have a paid account.

Browser: hansolo8704,4

Thanks to everybody who responded. I do have a paid site. When you have defined your site as a FrontPage site, you can no longer work with FTP. You can only work your files through FrontPage. According to the service provider the only way to switch is to rewrite your pages offline removing all the FrontPage calls, delete your current FrontPage Website, and upload all your non-FrontPage pages as a standard/normal Website. It is a scary feeling having your finger on the "delete" button" and wondering... I am getting absolutely no response to my query from the service provider.

Finally got a response from the service provider. If I understand correctly, you can use the Website management control panel to delete your Website. This simply deletes all the files and takes the site off line. You then log onto your control panel again, create a normal site with an FTP account, and upload your new files. There is no cost for doing this. As an aside, any subdomains you might have are unaffected. For jsbpool, did you log onto your control panel and change your site to a FrontPage site? Keep in mind, once you do that you are stuck with it until you do as I am doing. If you upload your files through FrontPage, everything should work correctly. Make sure you use relative links! Cheers, and thanks again to everyone.

glad to hear you got that all worked out william. I feel for you with the delete key thing.

For those stuck on the frontpage thing, try using notepad++ doesn't have a visual editor, but the one that bravenet provides is a decent one.

Browser: Nightmare1158,4