This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: public doesnt have access to my site

upload your index.html page which is what your homepage needs to be and make sure it is in your root directory not in a index_files folder

some people have a tendency to delete the place holder index.html page in the file manager area and name their page somethingsilly.html or home.html or something but your main page needs to be index.htm or index.html so either rename whatever you named your homepage to index.html and make sure as said it is in your root directory

Suzy is correct, you need to have a file called index.html - so take whatever page you want to be your main page and name it index.html.

Courtnie

or create index.html and have it redirect to the page you want to open. I do that because I use php pages and I want my index.php to open not the html.

Browser: Nightmare1158,4

SueC,

You do not need to redirect index.html to index.php. A website will read an index.php the same as it reads index.html, so if you delete index.html and just have index.php it will work fine! :)

Courtnie

thank you soooo much everyone, I didn't know what that file was. I got it now, thank you sooo much!