This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
uploading

Ok I built a web page using publisher, It has an option to publish to the web, It makes an index file,I uploaded that file using ftp. and the index file is there, however, the links to the other pages of the site do not workm I get page not found, How do I get the whole thing to work? when I open the created index file on my computer, It all fuctions correctly. and also the pics on my page the home page is the only one thats works, wut the pics on that page are not there either.

What am I missing

Thanks

Re: uploading

without a link to your page we can't tell your problem

but if pages don't come up then you don't have pages linked right.

you have to upload the paegs to your root directory and such or whatever publisher makes things out to be the folder/directory needs to go in your root area

then you link your pages according to where they are uploaded

so if you have a picture page

it would be xxxx.bravehost.com/pictures.html

or xxxx.yourdomainname.com/pictures.html

just for example

if you have xxxx.yourdomainname.com/index_files/pictures.html then that is how your link needs to be.

everything functions on your computer ok but it won't on the net if you don't have things linked correctly

if you have a file as C://mydocuments/pic1.jpg then that is pointing to YOUR computer so ONLY YOU see it.

so check your coding and more with ALL your files and don't use spaces or funny characters in their names