Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: uploading

Thank you--- That's what I mean.
Not knowing what I'm doing,I'll keep going trial and error.

Jack - you need to be logged into your account manager with Bravenet:

Then:

CLICK ON MANGAGE YOUR WEBSITE

CLICK/USE THE JAVA APPLET TOOL TO UPLOAD FILES FROM YOUR COMPUTER(particularly your index.html)

Tou will now see a kinda partitioned file screen - on the left navigate to your computer files - click the files you want to upload - if you have done it correctly you will see an arrow pointing in the direction of the transfer and a progress bar will display how your getting on with the transfer...

Dont forget you should be only uploading individual files - you can't work with zipped files doing this...

Hope this has helped....

how do I place uploaded files on the page tha i want them??????

Amber - it would be better to start a fresh thread than to resurect an 18 month old thread that may be about a slightly different problem.

A web page IS a file. You can embed one within another by using an iframe. You would have to edit the underlying html to do that.

I am not sure if that is what you meant to ask. You may be trying to create a link or put a picture on a page. Perhaps you could expand on your question.

I am trying to put files that I have onto a certain page of my website I am building( I am very new to this) any help you could give me would be great (step by step) like I said I am very new to this and I have been told by a friend to look for a "help Link" but not sure what I am looking for could you help me