This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problems with installing some php files!

Hi everyone! Please help me! Right now I'm in the process of creating a website on how to earn money online.
I have this Affiliate Marketer's Toolkit which includes:
1. Link Cloaker
2. Covert Cookie Technology
3. Magic Pop-up creator.
In the Readme.txt file it says that I have to:
1. Upload all files (php files with some folders) to the directory of your choice on your server.

2. CHMOD this directory and all files in it to 777 (or at least 557)

3. Point your browser to the index.php file you just uploaded.

The self-installer will take it from here, so just follow the
on-screen instructions...

Well, I tried to do that. But nothing happens. Please help me in any way you can. The person who will help me to install these php files to my website and make it working will get the Affiliate Marketer's Toolkit for free! I promise!
Please write me at kuzmich54@yahoo.com
P.S. I have premium web-hosting.

Re: Problems with installing some php files!

You said you "tried to do that, but nothing happened". Tried to do what, exactly?

Did you create a new folder for the PHP application and then upload everything to it? Did the upload work properly? Were there any errors? What FTP tool did you use to upload everything?

Then, did you run a "chmod 777" on the "index.php" file? This is common practice when installing PHP applications. The "chmod 777" gives you open access to configure your installation, and is usually accomplished with a FTP tool. Usually, at the end of the installation, you will need to reset the permission settings to something reasonable like "755", so that others can not access the administration panel for the PHP application.

After all that you should be able to point your browser to the "index.php" file for the application. Assuming that your URL is "www.mywebsite.com" and the folder that you installed the PHP application in is named "affiliate_tool", you would use the following to access the "index.php" for configuration:

http://www.mywebsite.com/affiliate_tool/index.php"

After adjusting the above for your actual URL and folder name, what do you get? The configuration of some of these applications can be pretty complicated, but the initial installation is usually pretty simple.