This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is wrong with this picture?

I encountered something very much like this just moments ago, as I tried to update my guestbook. That Apple Vacations ad appeared at the top of the service manager and nothing would load. I would sit there watching a blank screen until Firefox timed out, seeing the message "getting data from spe.atdmt.com" or from "m1.2mdn.net". Finally, I just had to log out, close Firefox, clear the cache and log back in.

I had to do this repeatedly, just to do a minor touchup. Most annoying. Two points that come out of this that I hope Bravenet will take to heart.

1. Guys, you need to take a good, long look at that Apple Vacations ad and maybe a few others. A site that won't load is a site a visitor won't return to, and I don't just mean the member's site; this sort of thing casts Bravenet in a bad light, and leaves the visitor to a site that didn't load not so eager to look at any Bravenet site in the future.

You may be well compensated for running one of those ads, but is the compensation that good in the long run if it dries up your revenue stream?

2. Please give serious thought to leaving the ads off the service manager. Do you really want to create a disincentive for those trying to add fresh material to their sites? Just redoing a link was exasperating enough. I can't picture somebody who was in the middle of a real task, like say writing a new page, not giving up. Just my little touchup required five logins, so writing a whole page would have needed ...

I don't even want to think about it. Please give this some serious thought. Just how much does creating that headache for those editing their sites enhance your ad revenue, and what is the opportunity cost for Bravenet that comes from member submitted content not being refreshed as often as it otherwise might be?

I'm having MAJOR issues with this as well. I am a member of an organization that is considering a website, (and someone else that is considering too) so I was trying to set some things up for them to look at how they work, but I'm giving up. I don't feel that I should have to continually hit reload to be able to manage functions. At first it was just hitting reload once or twice which was bad enough but I think I just tried it *eight* times without getting the managing page to come up.

well if you have a domain with paid hosting you WILL NOT have ads

if you have the FREE services you will have ads when you login to update them

if you want the ads removed then you have to PAY to UPGRADE each service then maybe you won't have the ads

the services don't come upgraded here if you have the premium hosting sorry to say

you wlll have to clear cache and more things or close firewall and or somethings here with bravenet no doubt with that.

One reason I got out of here with so much don't like so now am hosted by a friend and am loving it better and more

I have paid for my hosting for years. Bravenet puts ads at the top of the pages that WEBMASTERS go to to manage their site. Typically I use ftp to upload new pages, but if I want to use their extras, I MUST go to their pages to do so. We are NOT talking about the ads on the free versions of their add-ons, we're (or at least I) am talking about the ad at the top of the pages that webmasters manage things from not allowing the page to load.

I have been having the same problem since Saturday. It's getting very annoying to see, to ad boxes and nothing else on the page. It only seems to do when I am working on my site. If you click the website manager it goes straight to the stupid ads boxes and no page of mine!!! Grrrrrr!!!! I'm getting frustrated too!!

I am also having this problem when updating my site. Sure I have a free site, but this type of advertising
is destructive. I've been struggling with this problem for at least 5 days or more. I have tried refresh/reload several times unsuccessfully. It's just this one ad that is causing the problems.

Thank you everyone for pointing this out. We have remove the ad that was causing the problems.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Courtnie