Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Length of time site constructed

found in the knowledge base :

What types of files can I upload onto my Free Website?

You may only upload the following filetypes with free hosting:

.htm, .html, .gif, .jpg, .png, .txt, .swf, .mid, .rmi, .au, .wav, .js, .css, .ico, .bmp, .class, .dcr

Any free accounts which are found violating this policy may be suspended without warning, and offending files will be deleted.

File type limitations are not in place for Professional Website Hosting accounts, however if the files are copyrighted or contain copyrighted material they will be deleted and the associated account suspended.

I cannot see my files on my homepage. Where do I go to see that they are posted to my home page?

it doesn't look like you have done much of anything with your site

what editor are you useing when making your site/updating it

why not jot down how you want your site to look on a piece of paper or something

have not seen anything different since you posted with your site and more

so if you have added anything to it then it is not showing

still seeing some general text you see on the template when you first pick it and more.

files may be uploaded in your file manager area but they aren't showing on your page so as said need to get some organization going with what you want with your page and more

I have downloaded my files and they are sitting there.
My question is how do I actually get them on to the site. Do I have to create links for each document? I need my documents to appear on my site for my class.
I will beautify the site later.
Thanks.

if you are going to have things on your site YOU NEED to put them on there

for a teacher a parent needs a link on your site to go download a file but as we said Make sure it is a file type you can have loaded to your site and more too

just like on a school website itself you have to have links to the important pages around or files to download and more ON the website and that stuff won't be there UNLESS the person making the website puts things on the site and publishes it

If you have uploaded, the files are on your site.

In order for anyone to find them, however, you obviously need to add links to the files. There is no magic involved.

If you have a bravehost free site, .doc and .ppt are not among the file types you should be able to upload.