General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Achieved ftp upload success! but cannot see website

well might tell us your URL so we can see for ourselves

we could be guessing as to what you have done wrong

if you purchased a domain name elsewhere I assume you are hosting it here and all your settings are correct as far as DNS and all

and as well you have given it time to propogate and more things

Yes.
Not sure about what url to use?
bravehost?
evanland?
???
-----
www.evanland.com

If your domain name is "evanland.com" then you should be using either "evanland.com" or "www.evanland.com". They both will go to the same place.

A whois lookup on your domain name "evanland.com" shows your Name Servers pointing to "domaincontrol.com". I thing that is the default with GoDaddy. It's usually just a temporary parking space. I have a domain name with GoDaddy as well.

Domain Name: EVANLAND.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS55.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS56.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

You should be changing the Name Servers so that they point to Bravenet's name servers. With paid hosting this information should be available in your Account Manager. With a free site, you need to open a ticket with Bravenet to get the names of the Name Servers and so they can set up their domain redirect.

I may take a couple of days for all the domain servers on the internet to expire their data and update. Then you should start seeing your site. I recently moved my domain name from another registrar to GoDaddy. It was totally painless. I didn't notice any interruption in my site access while the transfer was going through.

Martin E. Meserve,
Thank you.
Bravenet already provided name servers and I have changed them with Go Daddy.

When I test the ftp with Dreamweaver it seems to work ok, and my settings match your suggestions---so it is just the migration time that I need to wait for.

We'll know in a few days.
Thanks again for your help.