This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How do I put my image files in the file that I created?

You did everything exactly right. I can see the images on your from page just fine now.

When you are designing web pages on your local PC, it is good practice to keep everything in a single main development folder. Images are then commonly put in sub folders of that main folder. This is just to keep things tidy. Then, when you upload make sure that your web site is a file/folder replica of your main development folder contents. The Bravenet web server is case sensitive, whereas your PC is generally insensitive to character case. So make sure that the image and page references in your web pages are spelled correctly, and all characters match in upper/lower case.

Re: How do I put my image files in the file that I created?

Thanks! Okay, I'll be careful with the case sensitivity thing. Yep, I figured that I have to use the "Make Directory" button and THEN upload the files... I wonder why bravenet doesn't make it clear how to do these things. Or am I missing something?

Re: Re: How do I put my image files in the file that I created?

Depends what software you are using to upload. My FTP program will upload a directory and its files in one go.

My experience is that Bravenet are far more informative than most web hosts. The standard offering from most tells you your FTP parameters and assumes that you have already learned the rest.