This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The pictures won't show on my website! They only come out as red crosses, what do I do?

Whenever I upload my files to my file manager and view my websites, the pictures never show! In the corner there is a box with a red cross in it. What does this mean, and how can I make my pictures appear on my website?

Here's how it looks like: http://eidrib.bravehost.com/poppy.htm

Your help is appreciated.

--Eidrib

Re: The pictures won't show on my website! They only come out as red crosses, what do I do?

Your web page is expecting to find all your images in a folder named "poppy_files". Create a folder with that name on your web site, and then upload all your images to that folder. Make sure that the folder and file names are spelled correctly and match in upper/lower case.

Once the files are in the right place, put your url in a browser and force a couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R). This will force your browser to update it's data.

Re: The pictures won't show on my website! They only come out as red crosses, what do I do?

Okay, I will try that. But what's a browser?

These forums get a lot of questions asked over and over. But I think your question is a first. A browser is any utility that you use to view web sites on the internet. They include, but are not limited to Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, Opera, etc. Sometimes your ISP (Internet Service Provider) provides you with a browser of their own liking.