This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How long for domain name to appear????

I just purchased a domain name. How long will it take to show up on my Domain page? When I'm at the "Manage Domain Name" page it says I have no names registered. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: How long for domain name to appear????

Problem solved, thanks!

well how long.i purchased a name and it is not there but when i try to register again a domain name it is telling me that is taken .so what am i doing wrong

adisa you can't register the same domain again if you already did

why not give us what the domain is supposed to be and perhaps we can help a little more

did you purchase a domain only hopefully you got hosting for your domain as well

assuming you purchased a plan here at bravenet and more

but not fully sure YOU need to be more clear on details so we can help.

We can perhaps get you started and more things with your problem and if needs further assistance you may have to open a support ticket

so don't register anything more at moment

Re: Re: How long for domain name to appear????

I registered and Purchased a new domain name last night. The Purchase appears on my paypal account, but the new domain name does not appear in my Bravenet account and I therefore cannot build a new website under this domain name.

Is this a common thing? Is there some kind of a delay between the time you purchase a second domain name, and the time you can actually start using it?

Thanks
~Toby

Toby if you purchased a domain other than the one you posted it will take a little time to show up

give it a day or two and see if it is propogated and more.

If don't see by at least Sunday then you have some kind of problem and you will have to open a ticket

I have this same problem. I purchased a domain and got hosting for three months on wednesday (two days ago) and was billed for it, but the domain still hasn't showed up.

Is this normal and should I wait for it to show up, or is additional assistance needed?

Thanks,
Melanie

Melanie it may take a little more time for it to fully propogate

it doesn't appear there overnight

since you have given no URL to look at to see your problem

1. you need to make sure that you purchased the domain/hosting both from bravenet and make sure your settings are all correct and more like the DNS settings

2. If not up by Monday to where you at least see a page that says under construction or something like that and that page will be your placeholder index.html page then you may have to open a ticket

but with it being the weekend time and that support will be slow as far as the bravenet techs

also make sure of the URL you are typing in to see and more too

but as said above is about all can do here as far as you needing help the techs may be of more assistance with your accouont and domain

Re: Re: Re: How long for domain name to appear????

I have the same problem! I bought the domain here and I'm not able to upload my files because there is no option to do so yet. It tells me that "This preview site is temporary and will only be available for a few days to let you view your website before your domain is available"... seriously? Come on guys.

Edson you didn't read it takes time for propogation and more

but right now your placeholder index.html page is there

so all you have to do is upload your index.html page to your root area to replace it

depending on the editor you are using

wizard, your own

Re: Re: Re: How long for domain name to appear????

I've been trying to do that and it doesn't work. Bravenet.com is so not good at providing information. I'm so dissapointed.