This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How Do I Start My Website Over?

I have used the website wizard but have decided that, this isnt the way for me and I want to do the whole site from scratch (HTML) If I want to start again, what do I do?
Do I then use the the file manager and use HTML as appropriate to design the website?

Re: How Do I Start My Website Over?

Either

1. Create a new design with the Wizard but take care not to "publish" until everything is ready
or
2. Create the site with the PC based editor of your choice and then upload.

The important thing about redisigning a site is to keep the redesigned pages off the web until you are ready to replace everything.

Of the two options above I would always recommend no. 2. Do not make changes through File Manager as that will leave you with a broken site until you have finished.

Re: How Do I Start My Website Over?

You might want to try this link to my help page on Working With Bravenet Templates. The page on Template Editing has links to several good free web page design applications.

Another resource, on using Templates from the Template Gallery, is the May 25,2007 Newsletter. You can find it in your Bravenet Account Manager under "Resources --> Bravenet Newsletters". Their recommendations are Photoshop, GIMP, and Paintshop Pro. But other programs can be used.