This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
never mind! i just figured it out

never mind, i just figured it out. thanks for having this help service available though bravenet! okay, for anyone who might've experienced this problem before, this is what's up:

when you use a website wizard layout and you go to edit it manually through "Visual Editor/Script Editor", it contains the HTML source code of "< ! - - Content Content Content Content - - >" (without the spaces in the first part) ... etc, a whole bunch of "Content"'s to get your attention to tell you that's where the content section is on your page, for people who can't read HTML. well, the computer only picks it up to the letter C, which more than likely tells the page to clear the following information on the page, so if you go in and delete that script (the "< ! - -" (without the spaces), it will quit clearing your page when it loads up.

my suggestion: bravenet should probably remove that from the website wizard's html scripts and give "Content" a different name that doesn't start with C and anything else that might mess it up.

however, because the "< ! - -" (without the spaces) it's a note-implying code, it shouldn't have actually done anything to the page. bravenet, any ideas?

once again, thanks to anyone that might've been willing to help me with this!

Re: i messed up the last post by putting the script in the message, sorry. page won't load unless "i

You did make a little mess of your other post, but now your kind of making this up as you go, aren't you?

Wizard creations were never intended to be mixed with any editor outside of the Wizard. Even though you can see the files output from the Wizards "publish" option in the File Manager, doesn't mean you should be editing them from there. Changes made to the Wizard files, from any editor outside the Wizard, can not be realized by the Wizard's data base. Should you ever go back to the Wizard and use the "publish" option, your changes will be overwritten. There is no "are you sure" prompt.

What you found, when you used the editors in the File Manager, was a comment line. It probably looked something like this:

These are common in HTML coding and are used as markers when your reading the code. Your current page is simple and the code is easy to follow. But if it had lots of content, you might need comments to dig you way through the code.

A comment starts with the group of symbols, "". The existance of a "C" in the line does not trigger anything strange like clearing the line. Everything between those groups of symbols are simply considered text, and ignored by a visitors web browser.

When you attempted to use "