General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Flash wont load or Play!!!

for starters

your page is bravehost.com not bravenet.com

2nd: don't see your index.html page uploaded to even see with your flash if it is working and more

your main page needs to be index.html because that is what it is trying to find

and make sure you have uploaded your swf file as well for your flash to root folder area as well

Hi thanks for the reply, a few more details. I have now re-uploaded my index file.I have uploaded the .swf file using the file manager and on the left should be a flash animated menu. It works when I preview in dreamweaver and the menu runs on its own when i preview the swf file from bravenet, so the file itself seems to be uploaded fine. now I am very new to this (my first attempt) so maybe im overlooking something. The swf file was uploaded and seems to be in the same folder as the index file, Is that right??? Anyway I thought I would paste the HTML for the index file.

70sexpress

Is this right, do I have to adjust it to tell the page where the swf file is?? Helllp!!!!!!
Thanks

I looked at your site with Firefox and Internet Explorer and see your "menu" just fine. It was a little confusing at first, because I didn't recognize it as a menu. It also wasn't very useful as a "menu". Personally, I won't chase links around a page. Very few people will.

Your also designing for too big of a screen. On screens smaller than 1280x1024, most of your background image is off the screen and there are no scroll bars to see the whole thing. But that's OK, horizontal scroll bars would have been annoying anyway. The "menu" winds up in the center of the screen. My stats show that 50% of your visitors are going to have a screen resolution of 1024x768 and only 20% are going to be using 1280x1024. You may want to think about designing for a smaller screen.

Thanks for your reply, I have managed to get it working it was a problm with the script folder. Also thans for your comments on design this is the first time ive attempted to design a website and any feedback is gratefully accepted. So...what size background/page do you recommend? If I designed a smaller page will it not load to full screen size on larger screens? Thanks for your help.