This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Uploading a JPG picture

I'm having trouble uploading a JPG picture onto my free bravenet web site. I get the message "Not available permissions, or exceeds disk quota. Which leaves me a little lost as I have tons of space. Anyone know what's wrong? Also, file manager shows it's there in the list, but clicking on it tells me it's not...Where am I going wrong??

Re: Uploading a JPG picture

might want to make sure of the file type for it and that it is truly a true jpg file

or that you are not trying to upload a huge jpg file even

might need a graphics program for a little help as well

Thank you for your reply. :-)
I have been using the same method for uploading photo's/graphics etc from day one, everything has worked fine up until now. The photo I am trying to upload is 110kb, is that too large?

Sharon,

110kb is not too large. Are you still have this problem?

How are you uploading the picture? Can you please walk me through the steps you are talking?

Thanks,
Courtnie

Hi Courtnie,
I do hope that you can shed some light on where I am going wrong. The steps I follow are;
I first Optimize the photo into a JPEG with Paint Shop Pro, save the Optimized version in my photo folder on my PC.. I then sign onto Bravenet, go to File manager, click on my pictures folder. Browse for the optimized photo that I just did and then click upload. It then comes back saying "Exceeds disk quota" . The photo is uploaded and can be viewed in the "picture folder", but when I try to right click & add it to a web page there is no drop down option box to view or insert to add it onto the page.
I have done the same method for uploading photo's since day one, has something changed??